One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person who claims to be able to banish ghosts and poltergeists.
- ‘One year on, she's focused on the job in hand and enjoying a new respect from her fellow ghostbusters.’
- ‘‘So we decided that it was time to call in the ghostbusters,’ she said.’
- ‘‘I prefer the term ‘professional supernatural mediator’, but yes, I'm a ghostbuster.’’
- ‘The newly-formed Swindon-based team of ghostbusters will be in attendance to record any unusual occurrences.’
- ‘Police ruled out pranksters or pyros, and a whole host of scientists and self-styled ghostbusters are currently researching the problem.’
2An official whose job is to investigate tax fraud.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.