One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A miniature train at a funfair designed to scare its passengers with eerie sights and sounds.
- ‘Only two bingo stalls, two arcades, the ghost train and the dodgems remained open.’
- ‘You would not believe how many years it took me to get up the courage to go on the ghost train at the show.’
- ‘It is like getting on a rollercoaster or a ghost train or going to see a horror movie.’
- ‘There are also gentler rides, including the original ghost train and a tunnel of love.’
- ‘It has all the emotional ups and downs of a rollercoaster, the sweetest of pleasures, and all the scares of a ghost train.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.