One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A miniature train at a funfair designed to scare its passengers with eerie sights and sounds.
- ‘It is like getting on a rollercoaster or a ghost train or going to see a horror movie.’
- ‘Only two bingo stalls, two arcades, the ghost train and the dodgems remained open.’
- ‘There are also gentler rides, including the original ghost train and a tunnel of love.’
- ‘It has all the emotional ups and downs of a rollercoaster, the sweetest of pleasures, and all the scares of a ghost train.’
- ‘You would not believe how many years it took me to get up the courage to go on the ghost train at the show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.