One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A website that is no longer maintained or updated but can still be accessed and viewed online.‘this ghost site has gone ten long years without being freshened’
- ‘There has been a lot of press lately about the proliferation of bots and ghost sites suddenly inflating the available inventory on exchanges and real-time marketplaces.’
- ‘Since many sites don't identify their date of last update, it's not always easy to tell whether a site is a ghost site or just resting.’
- ‘Even when sites try to die, they persist as the undead or ghost sites.’
- ‘Fraud: bots, ghost sites and redirects are enormously costly.’
- ‘It'll stay online as a ghost site, along with other dead sites like Trailing Tiger, which will keep it company.’
- ‘The difference between a ghost site and other abandoned sites is that the former contains a statement acknowledging that it is no longer being updated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.