One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A website that is no longer maintained or updated but can still be accessed and viewed online.‘this ghost site has gone ten long years without being freshened’
- ‘There has been a lot of press lately about the proliferation of bots and ghost sites suddenly inflating the available inventory on exchanges and real-time marketplaces.’
- ‘The difference between a ghost site and other abandoned sites is that the former contains a statement acknowledging that it is no longer being updated.’
- ‘Since many sites don't identify their date of last update, it's not always easy to tell whether a site is a ghost site or just resting.’
- ‘Fraud: bots, ghost sites and redirects are enormously costly.’
- ‘Even when sites try to die, they persist as the undead or ghost sites.’
- ‘It'll stay online as a ghost site, along with other dead sites like Trailing Tiger, which will keep it company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.