One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A faint secondary image caused by a fault in an optical system, duplicate signal transmission, etc.‘the screen can be viewed from different positions without encountering ghost images’
- ‘I did not notice any banding or ghost images, as described on the camera's website.’
- ‘It also enhances your 3D picture quality and cuts out ghost images to give you clearer and more immersive viewing.’
- ‘When a static image remains on the screen for a long period of time, a ghost image can remain behind.’
- ‘A ghost image appears on one of his tapes.’
- ‘The late arrival of the scattered portions of the signal caused ghost images.’
- ‘Reflections from buildings would cause multiple ghost images on the screen.’
- ‘Important data as well as application and configuration files also can be included in the ghost image.’
- ‘I am sorry for the slight ghost image from the reverse side of the paper - this is because the paper is very thin.’
- ‘Internal reflections can end up producing ghost images or adding to lens flare.’
- ‘There are a couple of glitches and I thought I caught a ghost image, but the videotaped picture has, for the most part, held up well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.