One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For once that epithet is justified and is more than a convenient journalistic label to ramp up the ghastliness of any given tragedy.’
- ‘An artist needs to represent and empathize with the tragic fate of the ‘enemy’ to truly bring home the ghastliness and waste of war.’
- ‘It was physically demanding but there was no repeat of the ghastliness of Wednesday.’
- ‘By now, for all his ghastliness, we cannot but feel a stirring of compassion for him.’
- ‘Behind her the shadow heightens this sense of foreboding, while the overall colour scheme of green and purple further increases the ghastliness of the image.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.