One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was physically demanding but there was no repeat of the ghastliness of Wednesday.’
- ‘An artist needs to represent and empathize with the tragic fate of the ‘enemy’ to truly bring home the ghastliness and waste of war.’
- ‘Behind her the shadow heightens this sense of foreboding, while the overall colour scheme of green and purple further increases the ghastliness of the image.’
- ‘For once that epithet is justified and is more than a convenient journalistic label to ramp up the ghastliness of any given tragedy.’
- ‘By now, for all his ghastliness, we cannot but feel a stirring of compassion for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.