One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounPhysics Electronics
The removal of impurities or defects with a getter.
- ‘When the gettering medium becomes oxidized, it no longer removes the oxygen from the gas stream.’
- ‘However, the need for gettering of mobile ions has not been removed.’
- ‘Much has been written about gettering in the last 25 years or so, but in essence it all boils down to this.’
- ‘Differences in the gettering of Cu and Fe impurities at various types of structural defects are demonstrated on the basis of such a discussion.’
- ‘If a maximum permissible residual gas pressure is exceeded, the electron source is automatically shut down and a gettering process is activated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.