One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take off all one's clothes.
- ‘It's not as if I feel the contestants are being exploited: presumably they were longing to get their kit off in the Maldives in the pursuit of celebrity and a supposedly glamorous career.’
- ‘It's not often you'll see a journalist getting their kit off to make a point.’
- ‘I'll probably be watching Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 4 - hoping that Brigitte Nielsen DOESN'T get her kit off.’
- ‘Actually, she's got her kit off in most films she's done before.’
- ‘So this weekend I decided it was officially hot enough to get my kit off.’
- ‘In fact, almost all the cast - including Hoskins and the pop star Will Young in his first film role - get their kit off.’
- ‘I suspected the girls didn't take kindly to being asked to get their kit off.’
- ‘There was a room full of about 250 women watching seven men get their kit off.’
- ‘We understand that Lara declined the offer to pose nude, but would consider getting her kit off on-screen ‘if the character and the plot justified it’.’
- ‘Of course, Elle, Kylie and Sarah do nothing to dispel the stereotype of Australia as a paradise where hot chicks constantly get their kit off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.