One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make contact with (someone) about a particular topic.
contact, get in touch with, communicate with, make contact with, reach, be in communication withView synonyms
- ‘So, I got on to a local man, pleaded with him to make a site visit as soon as he could, do the necessary calculations and give us a way forward.’
- ‘I got in contact with Guinness in Dublin and they got on to their reps in California and the tap was installed.’
- ‘He said any victim who wanted to seek advice could contact him in Wexford or get on to any other Right of Place branch.’
- ‘In this way I got on to various people who he hadn't had any time for but I quite liked.’
- ‘The company got on to Airtours in Manchester and explained the problem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.