One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make contact with (someone) about a particular topic.
contact, get in touch with, communicate with, make contact with, reach, be in communication withView synonyms
- ‘The company got on to Airtours in Manchester and explained the problem.’
- ‘He said any victim who wanted to seek advice could contact him in Wexford or get on to any other Right of Place branch.’
- ‘So, I got on to a local man, pleaded with him to make a site visit as soon as he could, do the necessary calculations and give us a way forward.’
- ‘In this way I got on to various people who he hadn't had any time for but I quite liked.’
- ‘I got in contact with Guinness in Dublin and they got on to their reps in California and the tap was installed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.