One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Join an enterprise in its early stages.‘the scope for an entrepreneur to get in on the ground floor was obvious’
- ‘By getting in on the ground floor of the movement you'll secure a role as a progressively conservative visionary.’
- ‘Please, send money now to get in on the ground floor of this wonderful opportunity.’
- ‘I get in on the ground floor because John and Joey and I, and now Jon and I, work from the seeds of an idea.’
- ‘Only five provinces have signalled that they want to get in on the ground floor of the program, which will see the federal cash targeted for spending on infrastructure like mass transit, water systems, bridges and roads.’
- ‘He looked at the numbers and decided against the purchase and that missed opportunity has perhaps fuelled the family's interest in getting in on the ground floor of the rugby revolution.’
- ‘What they do publish is a colour-glossy pamphlet telling first-time condo-buyers how they can get in on the ground floor of soon-to-be gentrified neighbourhoods.’
- ‘Now getting in on the ground floor to build up sector expertise must have its attractions.’
- ‘Make sure you get in on the ground floor early by checking these guys out.’
- ‘I got in on the ground floor, and it is the basis for my career now.’
- ‘Each of these kids decided, a long time ago, to get in on the ground floor of the newest vice industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.