One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized whole that is perceived as more than the sum of its parts.
- ‘Could these synthetic agents also be considered anthropomorphically by the collective gestalt of the user experience?’
- ‘When you react to a movie, you react to the whole thing, its entire gestalt of form and content - and you react as fully you, body and mind, emotions and personal history combined.’
- ‘I'm not sure I have great art inside of me, but there's something in my gut that seeks to express the gestalt I experience and perceive.’
- ‘To the best of our knowledge, the taxonomy of motivational domains above has not yet been tested empirically as a gestalt, through a substantive sample of emigrants.’
- ‘Several data sources were used to grasp the gestalt of symbolic-experiential therapy.’
1920s: from German Gestalt, literally ‘form, shape’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.