[mass noun] (in complementary medicine) a detoxifying and nutritional programme designed to stimulate the immune system.
- ‘In the best-known and most controversial approach, Gerson therapy, coffee is the very thing that is believed to work.’
- ‘The angry response of doctors to the Prince's support for the Gerson therapy for cancer is understandable.’
- ‘The actress/dancer from South Africa reminded me of a local TV newswoman who chose Gerson therapy over chemotherapy for breast cancer.’
- ‘The Gerson therapy is unproved in that it has not been subjected to systematic study.’
- ‘The Gerson therapy uses minerals, enzymes and hormones to detoxify and cleanse your body.’
Named after Max Gerson, the German physician who developed the therapy in the 1920s.