One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in complementary medicine) a detoxifying and nutritional programme designed to stimulate the immune system.
- ‘The angry response of doctors to the Prince's support for the Gerson therapy for cancer is understandable.’
- ‘In the best-known and most controversial approach, Gerson therapy, coffee is the very thing that is believed to work.’
- ‘The Gerson therapy uses minerals, enzymes and hormones to detoxify and cleanse your body.’
- ‘The Gerson therapy is unproved in that it has not been subjected to systematic study.’
- ‘The actress/dancer from South Africa reminded me of a local TV newswoman who chose Gerson therapy over chemotherapy for breast cancer.’
Named after Max Gerson, the German physician who developed the therapy in the 1920s.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.