One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the language, literature, and civilization of Germany, or of Germanic languages.
- ‘There are also Germanists and theologians on the Bach Collegium team.’
- ‘This did not go down well with the American Germanist who in 1938 wrote one of the first reviews of Auf zwei Planeten for an English-speaking audience.’
- ‘This text is a welcome and innovative appraisal of marital status as a new social category of analysis, and will spark fresh debate among gender historians, Germanists, and generalists alike.’
- ‘His analysis prompted many Germanists to rethink their conceptualization of violence and modernity as it related to the Eastern Front.’
- ‘Two Germanists bring the somewhat obvious emotional intensity of this cry within lyric to theoretical articulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.