One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Germ cells collectively.
- ‘Let it be sufficient to note that even these developments, such as vegetable biotechnology and germ plasm, are not easily transferred across regional production systems.’
- ‘One of the requirements for germ-cell formation is assembly of the specialized cytoplasm, the germ plasm, at the posterior of the egg.’
- ‘There is no evidence for germ plasm being involved in germ-cell formation in the mouse or other mammals.’
- 1.1 The genetic material of germ cells.
- ‘Deren said the gene mutation method was expected to yield a germ plasm, somewhat of a working model, in about two years, that would form the foundation of any commercial production.’
- ‘Most of the earlier reported QTL were found in crosses within North American germ plasm, while we used only European material.’
- ‘Literally adding spice to the occasion was a pest and disease-resistant cinnamon variety selected from the germ plasm of open pollinated seedlings maintained at the Horticultural Research Centre at Pechiparai.’
- ‘One order provided for the recovery by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries of related costs from the exporters of live animals and germ plasm.’
- ‘At gastrulation, the germ plasm is located in cells in the floor of the blastocoel cavity, among the cells that give rise to the endoderm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.