One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There, the rockets will link up, creating an 80-ton spacecraft that will ascend to 22,000 miles and lock into geosynchronous orbit.’
- ‘The key to this concept was the placement of space stations in geosynchronous Earth orbit, a location 35,786 kilometers above Earth.’
- ‘Up to a dozen geosynchronous satellites go out of service every year, and there are now several hundred derelicts in the disposal orbit.’
- ‘The tail of the geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle was engulfed seconds before the planned liftoff, disappointing hundreds, including space scientists.’
- ‘For early-warning purposes, scientists look to observations from geosynchronous weather satellites, each of which constantly monitors an entire hemisphere and beams data to Earth every 30 minutes or so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.