One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the strategy required in dealing with geopolitical problems.
- ‘Its broader, unpredictable political, military, economic and geostrategic ramifications will be felt, analysed and disputed for years to come.’
- ‘Over its fourteen-year history the military government has become adept at exploiting Burma's geostrategic position and at manipulating the concerns of its regional neighbors.’
- ‘This says that the problem of invasion should be discussed in all its aspects, it demands an in-depth analysis of the geopolitical and geostrategic situation and potential sources of military threats and dangers.’
- ‘To begin with, the geostrategic situation imposed considerable limits on the scope and complexion of the conflict.’
- ‘Because of its porous eastern border and geostrategic position in the center of Europe, this country is one of the main transit points for illegal migrants.’
- ‘In addition to purely geostrategic criteria, another issue just as important for the world economy of the twenty-first century lies at the heart of this conflict - control of the worldwide power supply of oil and gas.’
- ‘The capacity of these countries to control their integration into the world economy is doubtless related to their size, resources, geostrategic advantages, and economic strength.’
- ‘A new criterion for basing should be as much political as geostrategic, inasmuch as the two are now inseparable.’
- ‘They have all risen to the top in a hierarchical society that is shaped largely by the intertwined requirements of corporate interests and geostrategic power.’
- ‘As it is being increasingly abused by the Great Powers for their own geostrategic interests, it should be discarded, or at the very least, reconsidered by socialists.’
- ‘In the Cold War, geostrategic asymmetries meant that the USSR did not need to match the American navy in order to win.’
- ‘World and domestic opinion would strongly oppose military action in such a situation, but geostrategic interests require bases here.’
- ‘The tension inherent in the population differential between the two countries in such close geostrategic proximity was exacerbated by the very different political cultures.’
- ‘Propaganda broadcasting is sometimes a useful adjunct to geopolitical and geostrategic policy, but it is no substitute for military success or for political activity.’
- ‘The distinctive geography of South and Southeast Asia gives India a major commercial and geostrategic location astride the sea-lanes of communication between the Middle East and East Asia.’
- ‘In a broader sense what is at stake are geostrategic aims.’
- ‘Still, there are some things Canadian leaders can and should do to minimize the geostrategic risks to Canada implicit in a ‘unipolar’ world.’
- ‘This argument, that the war has had an overall beneficial geostrategic and security effect, remains fundamentally flawed.’
- ‘A country's geostrategic location influences its relevance for the major powers.’
- ‘This will in the future be a major factor in the evolution of the geopolitical and geostrategic situation in different parts of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.