One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the strategy required in dealing with geopolitical problems.
- ‘The tension inherent in the population differential between the two countries in such close geostrategic proximity was exacerbated by the very different political cultures.’
- ‘Propaganda broadcasting is sometimes a useful adjunct to geopolitical and geostrategic policy, but it is no substitute for military success or for political activity.’
- ‘This argument, that the war has had an overall beneficial geostrategic and security effect, remains fundamentally flawed.’
- ‘A country's geostrategic location influences its relevance for the major powers.’
- ‘This will in the future be a major factor in the evolution of the geopolitical and geostrategic situation in different parts of the world.’
- ‘In the Cold War, geostrategic asymmetries meant that the USSR did not need to match the American navy in order to win.’
- ‘Its broader, unpredictable political, military, economic and geostrategic ramifications will be felt, analysed and disputed for years to come.’
- ‘They have all risen to the top in a hierarchical society that is shaped largely by the intertwined requirements of corporate interests and geostrategic power.’
- ‘A new criterion for basing should be as much political as geostrategic, inasmuch as the two are now inseparable.’
- ‘To begin with, the geostrategic situation imposed considerable limits on the scope and complexion of the conflict.’
- ‘In a broader sense what is at stake are geostrategic aims.’
- ‘Because of its porous eastern border and geostrategic position in the center of Europe, this country is one of the main transit points for illegal migrants.’
- ‘The capacity of these countries to control their integration into the world economy is doubtless related to their size, resources, geostrategic advantages, and economic strength.’
- ‘Over its fourteen-year history the military government has become adept at exploiting Burma's geostrategic position and at manipulating the concerns of its regional neighbors.’
- ‘Still, there are some things Canadian leaders can and should do to minimize the geostrategic risks to Canada implicit in a ‘unipolar’ world.’
- ‘This says that the problem of invasion should be discussed in all its aspects, it demands an in-depth analysis of the geopolitical and geostrategic situation and potential sources of military threats and dangers.’
- ‘The distinctive geography of South and Southeast Asia gives India a major commercial and geostrategic location astride the sea-lanes of communication between the Middle East and East Asia.’
- ‘World and domestic opinion would strongly oppose military action in such a situation, but geostrategic interests require bases here.’
- ‘As it is being increasingly abused by the Great Powers for their own geostrategic interests, it should be discarded, or at the very least, reconsidered by socialists.’
- ‘In addition to purely geostrategic criteria, another issue just as important for the world economy of the twenty-first century lies at the heart of this conflict - control of the worldwide power supply of oil and gas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.