One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the almost spherical concentric regions of the earth and its atmosphere, especially the lithosphere.
- ‘The lithosphere is the rigid outermost layer of the geosphere.’
- ‘The transformation of the biosphere seemed to be as slow as the transformation of the geosphere.’
- ‘The geosphere or rocky Earth formed from collisions of planetoids.’
- ‘The nature and magnitude of the exchanges between the geosphere and the Earth's other surficial spheres have changed considerably in historical times.’
- ‘Geochemical interaction between the geosphere, hydrosphere and the biosphere depends partly on sorption processes and partly on chemical speciation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.