One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the almost spherical concentric regions of the earth and its atmosphere, especially the lithosphere.
- ‘The nature and magnitude of the exchanges between the geosphere and the Earth's other surficial spheres have changed considerably in historical times.’
- ‘The transformation of the biosphere seemed to be as slow as the transformation of the geosphere.’
- ‘The lithosphere is the rigid outermost layer of the geosphere.’
- ‘Geochemical interaction between the geosphere, hydrosphere and the biosphere depends partly on sorption processes and partly on chemical speciation.’
- ‘The geosphere or rocky Earth formed from collisions of planetoids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.