Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of the almost spherical concentric regions of the earth and its atmosphere, especially the lithosphere.
- ‘The lithosphere is the rigid outermost layer of the geosphere.’
- ‘Geochemical interaction between the geosphere, hydrosphere and the biosphere depends partly on sorption processes and partly on chemical speciation.’
- ‘The nature and magnitude of the exchanges between the geosphere and the Earth's other surficial spheres have changed considerably in historical times.’
- ‘The geosphere or rocky Earth formed from collisions of planetoids.’
- ‘The transformation of the biosphere seemed to be as slow as the transformation of the geosphere.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.