One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The physics of the earth.
- ‘By 1960, a discrete version of these equations was being extensively used in electrical engineering and geophysics, their use continuing until the present day.’
- ‘The extremely deep investigations of Tikhonov into a number of general problems in mathematical physics grew out of his interest in geophysics and electrodynamics.’
- ‘Most crustal rocks of interest to exploration geophysics are either inherently anisotropic or behave as anisotropic materials when sampled by seismic waves.’
- ‘The paper cited here uses a combination of computational biology and geophysics to attack the problem.’
- ‘Potential drilling sites are located using 3D seismic data and a deep understanding of geology and geophysics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.