One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the physical features of the surface of the earth and their relation to its geological structures.
- ‘The western tip of the South Alkyonides Fault is exposed in the surface geology and geomorphology of the Perachora Peninsula.’
- ‘Professional geologists and amateur rock hunters flocked to the White Mountains, regarded as a superb site for the study of geomorphology.’
- ‘The Zagros is an example of a young and active orogenic belt where geomorphology and seismicity provide invaluable constraints on the style of deformation, in ways not possible with ancient, inactive orogens.’
- ‘He met the Director of the Pennsylvania Geological Survey, a prominent geologist with a special interest in fluvial geomorphology.’
- ‘Morphotectonics requires input from at least three branches of Earth science: geophysics, geology, and geomorphology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.