One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of two or more compounds which differ from each other in the arrangement of groups with respect to a double bond, ring, or other rigid structure.
- ‘The naming of geometrical isomers reflects the position of the atoms or groups on each of the carbon atoms in the double bond.’
- ‘He used the theory to predict the existence of geometric isomers, two forms of a compound that differ from each other only in the position of a single atom, ion, or group of atoms.’
- ‘CLA is a mixture of positional and geometric isomers of linoleic acid and has been reported to inhibit various chemical-induced cancers in rodent models.’
- ‘The enthalpy difference between the two geometrical isomers in the free enzyme appears to be higher than in the substrate-bound enzyme and in the low molecular weight model.’
- ‘It is now widely recognized that onjugated linoleic acid is not a single chemical entity but a mixture of positional and geometric isomers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.