Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of geology concerned with the magnetic properties of the earth.
- ‘It was while considering the behaviour of the magnetic fields of the Sun and the Earth that be became interested in geomagnetism and palaeomagnetism.’
- ‘It was the beginning of the modern era of geomagnetism and geophysics.’
- ‘One wonders if the same will happen to other lines of research, such as attempts to replicate, extend, and understand the correlations between ESP and geomagnetism.’
- ‘He received the Adams Prize in 1928 for an essay on geomagnetism.’
- ‘Solar flares are known to emit low energy cosmic rays which disrupt geomagnetism one or two days later.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.