One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Computerized geographical information.‘the growing importance of geoinformation in planning, developing, and managing available natural resources’
- ‘A conference associated with the show, which focuses on land management, geoinformation, building and environmental products, begins Feb. 28’
- ‘The program offers us the possibility to add geoinformation in a easy way.’
- ‘The project seeks to contribute to the improvement of user-friendly infomobility services by combining technologies from the fields of satellite navigation, telecommunications and geo-information.’
- ‘The value of geoinformation is apparent in everyday activities when delivered via location-specific online ads, in-car GPS, Web maps, friend-finder apps on cell phones, 911 emergency location services, etc.’
- ‘To my feeling, this is the most exciting GNSS development of the past 15 years within the field of geodesy, surveying, and geoinformation.’
- ‘The acquisition of geoinformation products and their use and application to the core sector of the economy was paramount.’
- ‘In the City of Vienna, Austria, three-dimensional geoinformation is being used for noise protection and city planning tasks and for managing the underground train system.’
- ‘EOMD is a programme aimed at strengthening the European and Canadian capacity to provide geoinformation services based mainly on Earth Observation data.’
- ‘In light of the European Union's expansion to the east, there is an increasing demand for geoinformation from this region to allow local and national businesses to make better informed decisions.’
- ‘The intention of elaborating the TeleMAPA system for distribution of geoinformation through cellular phones is to popularize the use of GIS to the mass community of non-professionals and casual users.’
- ‘There are practical results in the utilization of geo-information systems and standardization of software and hardware.’
- ‘Both airborne and terrestrial laser scanning are now well established methods for the acquisition of precise and reliable 3 D geo-information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.