One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The angle made with the plane of the equator by a perpendicular to the earth's surface at any point.
- ‘The Pacific event occurs at the geographical latitude of the equator.’
- ‘By portraying sea surface temperature as deviations from the average of each geographical latitude, anomalous warmth and coldness is brought into focus.’
- ‘The aircraft has all-weather, day-and-night capability and can operate at all geographical latitudes.’
- ‘This result comports with the observation by Grech et al., who reported a decline in male births, with increasing geographical latitude in Europe.’
- ‘We tested genome size variation against ecogeographical components such as the average growing season, summer temperature and precipitation, and geographical latitude.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.