One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The angle made with the plane of the equator by a perpendicular to the earth's surface at any point.
- ‘This result comports with the observation by Grech et al., who reported a decline in male births, with increasing geographical latitude in Europe.’
- ‘The Pacific event occurs at the geographical latitude of the equator.’
- ‘By portraying sea surface temperature as deviations from the average of each geographical latitude, anomalous warmth and coldness is brought into focus.’
- ‘We tested genome size variation against ecogeographical components such as the average growing season, summer temperature and precipitation, and geographical latitude.’
- ‘The aircraft has all-weather, day-and-night capability and can operate at all geographical latitudes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.