One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of GPS or RFID technology to create a virtual geographic boundary, enabling software to trigger a response when a mobile device enters or leaves a particular area.‘the app supports geofencing, so your lights can turn on as you get home’
- ‘"With geo-fencing you create a virtual fence around the vehicle," the detective said.’
- ‘The app uses your phone for geofencing, so if you leave home and forget to close your garage door or lock up, your watch will let you know.’
- ‘This app has now been updated for iOS 6, and can use geofencing to alert you when a friend arrives at or departs from a chosen location.’
- ‘Targeting tactics such as geo-fencing and device profiling demonstrate the many ways location data can help marketers connect with consumers.’
- ‘A geo-fencing feature allows you to set a perimeter around your yard.’
- ‘To this point, most retailers have used geo-fencing to target specific ads to people within a certain radius of their store.’
- ‘The company responded to the complaints in Chicago by shutting down access to the app across the entire city for several days with so-called geofencing.’
- ‘The technology can also be used for ad-hoc geofencing - monitoring pets' movements the same way FedEx tracks parcels in its long, complex delivery chain.’
- ‘Geofencing can also be used to make sure a person is actually in the surroundings where he / she is supposed to be.’
- ‘The use of geo-fencing as a strategy can help banks and retailers push context-aware and segmented offers to consumers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.