Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of geology concerned with the dating of rock formations and geological events.
- ‘Our geochronology has identified major early Ordovician magmatism within the Slishwood Division.’
- ‘The assignment of a particular suite of granites to one of these tectonic settings requires detailed knowledge of its structural setting, geochronology and chemistry.’
- ‘In view of the new geochronology, the Finnmarkian Orogeny cannot have played any part in the deformation of the Hellefjord Schist.’
- ‘Large-scale tectonic reconstructions depend on linked and reliable geochronology and palaeomagnetic data.’
- ‘The results of integrated field mapping and geochronology provide evidence for three major tectonothermal events.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.