One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the chemical composition of the earth and its rocks and minerals.
- ‘The paper on asbestos by Gibbons illustrates the breadth of studies in environmental geochemistry, and highlights the multi-disciplinary approach required, including in this case an understanding of political and social issues.’
- ‘The field-based studies were supplemented by thin-section petrography and whole-rock geochemistry to characterize different intrusive phases.’
- ‘The rock's geochemistry and mineralogy also strongly suggest to astronomers that it was heated substantially early on in its existence and that liquid water has coursed through its veins.’
- ‘The major and trace element geochemistry of these rocks is consistent with a rift setting, as is their association with a lithostratigraphic protolith package of carbonates, shales and greywackes.’
- ‘The petrology and geochemistry of these volcanic rocks show that they form an essentially bimodal association of basalt and subalkaline rhyolite, with less common intermediate compositions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.