One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The latitude at which a planet would appear if viewed from the centre of the earth.
- ‘The treatment of geodetic latitudes as geocentric latitudes should be emulated in reverse by interpreting geocentric latitudes for HRAP cells as geodetic latitudes.’
- ‘Geodetic and geocentric latitude can differ by as much as 10 arcminutes at mid latitudes.’
- ‘Convert the geodetic latitudes to geocentric latitudes and then solve the above spherical triangle using the geocentric values.’
- ‘A night observation of Jupiter with that planet entering an area corresponding to the geocentric latitudes of 15 to 17 degrees would point to the constellation Virgo.’
- ‘Additionally, the relationship between geocentric latitude at the planet's surface and geodetic latitude is used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.