Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The latitude at which a planet would appear if viewed from the centre of the earth.
- ‘Geodetic and geocentric latitude can differ by as much as 10 arcminutes at mid latitudes.’
- ‘A night observation of Jupiter with that planet entering an area corresponding to the geocentric latitudes of 15 to 17 degrees would point to the constellation Virgo.’
- ‘Additionally, the relationship between geocentric latitude at the planet's surface and geodetic latitude is used.’
- ‘Convert the geodetic latitudes to geocentric latitudes and then solve the above spherical triangle using the geocentric values.’
- ‘The treatment of geodetic latitudes as geocentric latitudes should be emulated in reverse by interpreting geocentric latitudes for HRAP cells as geodetic latitudes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.