One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is the very epitome of gentlemanliness, and we - who have known him since we were all a foot high - are not certain whether his newly-found decorum is natural or quite affected.’
- ‘Melissa had to admit she was flattered by his gentlemanliness.’
- ‘Only the garish turquoise silk tie and the glint in his pale blue eyes detract from this picture of geriatric gentlemanliness.’
- ‘He was a man who has been acknowledged already for his gentlemanliness, his courtesy, and his wisdom.’
- ‘We heard over and over about Peck's impeccable gentlemanliness and old-school liberal decency, Hepburn's aristocratic east coast classiness, and Bob Hope's patriotism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.