One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly seasoned anchovy paste.
- ‘It has the distinction of being the only store in the country to stock Gentleman's Relish, an anchovy pâté, with a word-of-mouth recipe dating back to 1828.’
- ‘Like Gentleman's Relish, it should be savoured in small, concentrated doses.’
- ‘Thompson says the supplier of Gentleman's Relish recently remarked that it is becoming too pricey, as Thrupps is the only retailer in the country to buy it.’
- ‘I have to take a gulp of air before I can taste it - and it's not bad, salty-sweet and anchovy-like, a super-strength Gentleman's Relish.’
- ‘Most people's palates are dulled by 3 a.m., so I always keep some Gentleman's Relish in the fridge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.