One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly seasoned anchovy paste.
- ‘It has the distinction of being the only store in the country to stock Gentleman's Relish, an anchovy pâté, with a word-of-mouth recipe dating back to 1828.’
- ‘Like Gentleman's Relish, it should be savoured in small, concentrated doses.’
- ‘I have to take a gulp of air before I can taste it - and it's not bad, salty-sweet and anchovy-like, a super-strength Gentleman's Relish.’
- ‘Most people's palates are dulled by 3 a.m., so I always keep some Gentleman's Relish in the fridge.’
- ‘Thompson says the supplier of Gentleman's Relish recently remarked that it is becoming too pricey, as Thrupps is the only retailer in the country to buy it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.