treated as singular The branch of molecular biology concerned with the structure, function, evolution, and mapping of genomes.
- ‘Rapid advances in genomics and proteomics and stem cell research will also make the in utero treatment of some genetic conditions possible.’
- ‘In the postgenomic era, the revolution in bioinformatics deals with the problem of structural genomics.’
- ‘Despite a steady stream of scientific discoveries, as well as progress in genomics and biotechnology, global health is in disarray today.’
- ‘Our analysis shows the potential of evolutionary analysis for functional genomics.’
- ‘Despite the remarkable similarities among the genomes of various organisms, genomics also informs our notion of genetic variation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.