Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the genital and urinary organs.‘genito-urinary medicine’
- ‘The latter group includes tissues lining the airways; the alimentary canal and its associated organs and glands; and the genito-urinary system.’
- ‘Testing is usually carried out at the genito-urinary medicine clinic of a local hospital, where sexually transmitted infections are diagnosed and treated.’
- ‘Stress, surgery, illness and genito-urinary infection will contribute to infertility.’
- ‘We welcome the extra money for genito-urinary medicine services announced by the Government today but it's vital that it directly reaches these hard-pressed front-line services.’
- ‘It is also used as a genito-urinary antiseptic, increasing urine output and relieving cystitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.