Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of two protuberances on the inferior surface of the thalamus which relay auditory and visual impulses respectively to the cerebral cortex.
- ‘Neurons from the lateral geniculate nucleus then send axons to the visual cortex.’
- ‘The ventrally placed notch in the lateral geniculate body is readily seen, with optic tract fibers terminating on both sides of this deep ventral groove.’
- ‘At the rear end of the thalamus are the smaller medial and lateral geniculate nuclei, relaying auditory and visual pathways, respectively, to the auditory and visual areas of the cortex.’
- ‘The ventral notch in the lateral geniculate body was filled with optic tract fibers and these have been removed to show the nucleus.’
- ‘On the right side of the illustration, medial and lateral geniculate bodies - which together constitute the metathalamus - can be recognized.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.