One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The differential expression of genetic traits depending on the parent from which they were inherited.
- ‘He said genetic imprinting meant fish from Miller Beck returned there in later life to spawn.’
- ‘My interest in genetic imprinting began while I was completing my doctorate at Macquarie University in Sydney.’
- ‘Maintenance of a constant expression profile in a population exhibiting genetic imprinting will be most effective if the organism has a mechanism to reverse any imprint in the subsequent generation.’
- ‘In the phenomenon called genetic imprinting, a chromosome such as the X chromosome can be altered depending on whether it was passed on from one's mother or from one's father.’
- ‘His latest research suggests that genetic imprinting might be compromised by the freezing process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.