One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The deliberate modification of the characteristics of an organism by manipulating its genetic material.
- ‘The genetic engineering of livestock for human medical applications is known as pharming.’
- ‘Does the transformation of scales into feathers require massive genetic engineering?’
- ‘It is not the case that the genes of the salmon itself are altered with genetic engineering.’
- ‘The transatlantic dispute over genetic engineering threatens to be much more divisive.’
- ‘Genomics and genetic engineering are also playing a substantial role in the development of agricultural biotechnology.’
- ‘RNA is also taking a place in the areas of gene therapy and genetic engineering.’
- ‘With this in mind, why the sudden panic about a few pollen grains and the outrage against gene manipulation by genetic engineering?’
- ‘This genetic engineering is inseparable from global economic systems, with its global reach and ambition.’
- ‘And of course these days, anything's possible especially with genetic engineering.’
- ‘How do plants produced by genetic engineering differ from those produced by traditional breeding?’
- ‘That may be true in medicine, but in athletics, genetic engineering is not a theme of science fantasy, but a sobering fact of our cyborg present.’
- ‘Perhaps the ultimate preventive treatment will involve some form of genetic engineering.’
- ‘You've been an outspoken critic of genetically modified foods and genetic engineering.’
- ‘Wheat is a major world crop and as such is a primary target for improvement of agronomic characteristics via genetic engineering.’
- ‘The present corporate-sponsored push for genetic engineering aims at reversing this situation.’
- ‘Who is going to stop someone from creating designer babies by genetic engineering?’
- ‘The advancement of genetic engineering and biotechnology will further alienate farmer from farming.’
- ‘The manipulation of tomato fruit quality through genetic engineering is reasonably well advanced.’
- ‘There are appropriate uses of genetic engineering, and there are inappropriate uses.’
- ‘Never before has this been done with so little foresight as is happening now with genetic engineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.