One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A power station for the generation of electricity.‘the company operates both nuclear and conventional generating stations’
- ‘There is already planning for a gas-fired generating station that can create sixty or seventy jobs.’
- ‘It would be foolish not to consider the idea of a small hydroelectric generating station on the Sylvia Grinnell River to generate power for Nunavut's capital.’
- ‘The public service obligation system specifically requires that the generating stations be as efficient as possible for this type of fuel.’
- ‘It can take about 15 years to recover the full capital costs of building a generating station.’
- ‘More than 40 gas wells were drilled at Allerton Park with a mile of gas collection pipework laid to transport the gas to the generating station.’
- ‘The Ontario government shall mandate the closure of all remaining coal or oil-fired generating stations by 2015.’
- ‘Generating stations increased in capacity as electricity accounted for a growing proportion of power needs.’
- ‘It has used the $95 million to modernize major generating stations in the Los Angeles Basin, which operate on natural gas.’
- ‘The decommissioning of both nuclear- and coal-fired generating stations could leave a gap in capacity which unreliable renewable power, such as wind, will not fill.’
- ‘McMahon has worked on gas pipelines, power generating stations, road infrastructure projects and telecommunications projects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.