Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A psychological disorder characterized by excessive or disproportionate anxiety about several aspects of life, such as work, social relationships, or financial matters.‘extreme worrying almost every day for six months or more may signal generalized anxiety disorder’
- ‘Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is much more than the normal anxiety people experience day to day.’
- ‘The symptoms displayed by this child are consistent with a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder (previously termed overanxious disorder of childhood).’
- ‘The good news is that there are many effective remedies available for generalized anxiety disorder.’
- ‘The patients were mostly women with a mean age of 75.6 years, 40% of whom had generalized anxiety disorder.’
- ‘In particular, psychologists will look for symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder, which creates an exaggerated fear response in people who have been emotionally scarred.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.