Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of thanksgiving in the Book of Common Prayer or the Alternative Service Book.
- ‘The General Thanksgiving is one of the Prayer Book's greatest treasures, a prayer which many people love and know by heart.’
- ‘But the General Thanksgiving understands that a true heart of thanksgiving doesn't come through training alone.’
- ‘The Prayer of General Thanksgiving is said by the minister and the congregation, and voices a final note of gratitude.’
- ‘The General Thanksgiving is said by the officiant and the people.’
- ‘Then the Minister shall read the General Thanksgiving.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.