One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-specialized hospital, treating patients suffering from all types of medical condition.‘he will undergo further treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston’
- ‘Henry stood in the waiting room of Beverly General Hospital, pacing furiously and staring at his feet.’
- ‘A nanoscale drug-delivery system is being tested at Singapore General Hospital.’
- ‘He was later transferred to the Southern General Hospital, where staff described his condition as very serious.’
- ‘All the islands have general hospitals and/or medical centers, at least one geriatric home, and a pharmacy.’
- ‘Professional nursing accompanied the rise of general hospitals in America.’
- ‘Dad was admitted to the general hospital.’
- ‘She gave birth to a son at Castlebar general hospital on March 24 1993.’
- ‘Staff on general hospital wards may not be trained to meet the complex care needs that psychiatric illness brings in this setting.’
- ‘In 1986, when I started, most of the admission wards had been moved to the district general hospital.’
- ‘He is also a board member of the Vancouver General Hospital and chair of the Art's Umbrella Foundation's board.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.