One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-specialized hospital, treating patients suffering from all types of medical condition.‘he will undergo further treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston’
- ‘He is also a board member of the Vancouver General Hospital and chair of the Art's Umbrella Foundation's board.’
- ‘All the islands have general hospitals and/or medical centers, at least one geriatric home, and a pharmacy.’
- ‘Staff on general hospital wards may not be trained to meet the complex care needs that psychiatric illness brings in this setting.’
- ‘He was later transferred to the Southern General Hospital, where staff described his condition as very serious.’
- ‘Professional nursing accompanied the rise of general hospitals in America.’
- ‘She gave birth to a son at Castlebar general hospital on March 24 1993.’
- ‘Henry stood in the waiting room of Beverly General Hospital, pacing furiously and staring at his feet.’
- ‘In 1986, when I started, most of the admission wards had been moved to the district general hospital.’
- ‘A nanoscale drug-delivery system is being tested at Singapore General Hospital.’
- ‘Dad was admitted to the general hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.