One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in South Africa) the keeper of a rural or township store.
- ‘The eastern portion of the square became a produce and general dealers ' market, while the western half was a cattle market.’
- ‘Very few of these Cuca Shops are licensed as general dealers.’
- ‘On April 15, 1875, a young British immigrant opened his first general dealer's store in the village of Pretoria.’
- ‘Some shops are reminiscent of old-style general dealers, where shop owners operate from behind iron bars.’
- ‘A mix of businesses operate from this prime location, including general dealers, dry cleaners, a bookstore, fast-food stores, clothing shops and pubs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.