One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The introduction of normal genes into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders.
- ‘No treatments for these disorders now exist although gene therapy may be a future possibility.’
- ‘New cell selection strategies look likely to improve the success of gene therapy for blood disorders.’
- ‘It makes sense to use gene therapy to program stem cells to produce the exact growth factors needed for each purpose.’
- ‘The biggest benefits for health and longevity will come from cell therapy and gene therapy.’
- ‘The reader is brought up to date on the status of gene therapy for platelet disorders in part VIII.’
- ‘In laboratory studies, this type of gene therapy has proved almost completely effective.’
- ‘Scientists hope that these unlucky fish will help them develop drug treatments and gene therapy for leukaemia.’
- ‘The major problems with gene therapy relate to the delivery of new genetic instructions to the appropriate body targets.’
- ‘At present, gene therapy is being contemplated for both genetic and acquired diseases.’
- ‘As lung damage is the major cause of illness and death in cystic fibrosis, initially, gene therapy is focusing on delivering genes to the lungs.’
- ‘Many people believe that gene therapy and genetic screening of embryos is dangerous.’
- ‘In the near future gene therapy may allow genes important in healing to be delivered directly into a wound.’
- ‘In the US, gene therapy is currently only being tested for the treatment of diseases that have no other cures.’
- ‘Another possibility would be to do gene therapy to stem cells that are capable of becoming liver cells.’
- ‘A US donor was finally located at the same time that gene therapy became available.’
- ‘RNA is also taking a place in the areas of gene therapy and genetic engineering.’
- ‘The most logical approach to gene therapy is the correction of a single gene defect, which causes the disease phenotype.’
- ‘In the long run, I fully expect gene therapy and antisense to fix what can be fixed at the genomic level.’
- ‘The notion of gene therapy the ‘overpowering’ of a defective gene with a correct copy is beguilingly simple.’
- ‘Is gene therapy, the medical use of genes to repair an illness or injury, acceptable for Olympic athletes?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.