One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of DNA fragments produced by cloning, typically from a particular organism.‘DNA extracted from the blood will be held in an anonymous gene library’
- ‘The scientists have spent two years building a gene library with hundreds of samples from eight native species.’
- ‘I pulled up the modelling software and started looking through gene libraries that were potentially useful.’
- ‘The idea is to be able to expand the gene library to include more samples and also more species under pressure.’
- ‘His gene library creates promising drug targets because the mutations appear to have a role in controlling cell division in cancer cells.’
- ‘While alternative energy systems reduce cost, the time investment to develop gene libraries can remain cumbersome.’
- ‘You will be responsible for the design, synthesis and validation of gene libraries for protein engineering applications and their optimisation for high-throughput production.’
- ‘We are interested in further optimising the technology for high throughput automated manufacture of whole gene libraries.’
- ‘Nearly all the samples in the team's gene library were culled from the bodies of dead animals, generally road kill brought in from the vast Savannah that surrounds Brasilia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.