One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transfer of genes or genetically modified cells into an individual as a potential method for illicitly enhancing athletic performance.‘scientists fear the next big challenge to fair play in sport is gene doping’
- ‘He wrote that in addition to overall muscle enlargement, gene doping could be used to tweak genes to convert muscle fibres to the fast type for sprinters and to those with greater endurance for marathon runners.’
- ‘The indications are that gene doping will be a highly effective way of improving sports performance, and it will be impossible to detect in practice.’
- ‘Further, gene doping, a science that would render current tests irrelevant, looms on the horizon.’
- ‘Consequently, rules against gene doping might be difficult to enforce.’
- ‘Within a decade, most of today's synthetic performance-enhancing drugs - from anabolic steroids to erythropoietin - may be all but abandoned in favor of a far more effective strategy: gene doping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.