One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process whereby, during meiosis, one allele in a heterozygote is converted to the other by a process of mismatch repair.
- ‘Homology of nuclear regions may be confused by recombinant processes such as gene conversion.’
- ‘Extensive genetic analysis showed only gene conversion events without crossing over.’
- ‘Laboratory-based studies have found significant gene conversion on the human sex chromosomes and in the malaria parasite.’
- ‘Genetic flux due to gene conversion will homogenize regions across the inverted segment, but the size of the region affected will be small.’
- ‘For divergent duplicate genes, gene conversion will considerably increase the genetic distances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.