One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process whereby, during meiosis, one allele in a heterozygote is converted to the other by a process of mismatch repair.
- ‘Homology of nuclear regions may be confused by recombinant processes such as gene conversion.’
- ‘Extensive genetic analysis showed only gene conversion events without crossing over.’
- ‘Genetic flux due to gene conversion will homogenize regions across the inverted segment, but the size of the region affected will be small.’
- ‘For divergent duplicate genes, gene conversion will considerably increase the genetic distances.’
- ‘Laboratory-based studies have found significant gene conversion on the human sex chromosomes and in the malaria parasite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.