One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's perception of having a particular gender, which may or may not correspond with their birth sex.‘he said that young children should be able to explore their gender identities’mass noun ‘state law means the college cannot discriminate on the basis of gender identity’
- ‘States will be able to decide whether or not women of minority sexual orientations or gender identities will be able to receive the benefits of the grant.’
- ‘Gender identity will also be added to the protected categories under the state's hate crimes law.’
- ‘The collective embraces performers of various ethnicities, religious (or non-religious) backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.’
- ‘He's gone back to say he was sorry to people in his life hurt by the gender identity issues.’
- ‘I absolutely understand that many, many people don't understand sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and gender expression.’
- ‘Schools across Massachusetts are facing new guidelines regarding students and gender identity.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the pair's son and daughter are discovering their own gender identities.’
- ‘Facebook, which has 1.15 billion active monthly users around the world, also allows them to keep their gender identity private.’
- ‘As Mike demonstrated, most people don't have any experience differentiating between gender identity and biological gender.’
- ‘He struggled privately with gender identity early in his tour of duty, when gays couldn't openly serve in the military.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.