Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electrical adaptor which allows two male or two female connectors to be connected to each other.
- ‘This adapter is both a female to female gender changer, and a null modem adapter.’
- ‘The female-to-female gender changer can be used to help make a longer extension to existing video cords.’
- ‘Use the ultra-thin gender changers for the most attractive and professional appearance!’
- ‘Could you give me a possible list of adapters, transformers, and gender changers that are generally used?’
- ‘It carries a wide variety of gender changers that are slimline in size; most are fully shielded.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.