One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Set, gem-like, between the mountains and the sea, Cape Town is a spectacular city.’
- ‘Rob stared, in awe, his eyes large and glassy and gem-like.’
- ‘They were prized for their gem-like precision and detail.’
- ‘They walked on together, sad and silent, and came thus to the marble fountain and to its pool of water on the ground, in the midst of which grew the shrub that bore gem-like blossoms.’
- ‘Its 14 gem-like songs remain true to the deepest traditions of fado, the breathtakingly lyrical and melancholic music of Portugal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.