One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Solidification by freezing.
Mid 19th century: from Latin gelatio(n-), from gelare ‘freeze’.
The process of forming a gel.
- ‘It has been reported that doxorubicin can be concentrated to such an extent within liposomes that gelation takes place in the presence of the divalent sulfate counterion.’
- ‘Theoretically the occurrence of particle gel formation is linked with percolation although this is a necessary rather than a sufficient condition for gelation to occur.’
- ‘On one side, protein gelation is involved in many biological processes such as blood coagulation or wound healing.’
- ‘The chamber was incubated at 37'C for 1.5 h to allow gelation to occur.’
- ‘Disruption of the microtubule network significantly weakens the elastic response, and the disassembly of actin filaments completely prevents gelation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.