One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Furthermore, behavioral data reveal that pollen collection commonly is followed by geitonogamous pollination.’
- ‘Comparing intact and emasculated flowers open on the same plant on the same day will underestimate autogamy, because emasculation of one flower potentially reduces the geitonogamous pollen received by the other.’
- ‘This indicates that frequent geitonogamous selfing occurs.’
- ‘Unless pollen is transported to another plant, geitonogamous self-pollinations therefore become more likely when plants are visited.’
- ‘Consequently, it reduces male fitness because geitonogamous pollen grains are barred from fertilizing ovules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.