One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dress, appearance, and culture associated with computing and technology enthusiasts, regarded as stylish or fashionable.‘the crowd is young, the style is geek chic, and the latest in computer gadgetry is on display’
- ‘My clothes now have an easygoing geek chic look that my friends say well suits my personality.’
- ‘This is bound to be the next wave in Japanese geek chic: remote-controlled home robots.’
- ‘For one thing he's not simply another Hollywood hot shot embracing geek chic for the sake of a part.’
- ‘It's all part of the new geek chic which means it finally is really hip to be square.’
- ‘Self-assured and well coiffed, with square geek-chic glasses, he's a far cry from the stereotypical pasty and ponytailed tech jock.’
- ‘He studied computing, and had a certain air of geek chic about him.’
- ‘Phones have become geek chic fashion accessories.’
- ‘We're in a time of geek chic - a lot of girls go for that type.’
- ‘Finally picked up my ultra geek chic glasses on Saturday.’
- ‘There's plenty of the knitted stuff to choose from: will it be a touch of modern day 70s geek chic with a tank top?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.