One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The legal and civil rights of homosexuals, especially the right to be treated without discrimination.as modifier ‘a gay rights activist’
- ‘The legal recognition of same-sex marriage is a result of decades of work done by gay rights activists.’
- ‘But they do differ clearly on a number of important issues, such as abortion, school vouchers and gay rights.’
- ‘It attracted gay and lesbian couples, gay rights activists, families, and tourists.’
- ‘Needless to say, gay rights activists and anyone with common sense was angry and said so.’
- ‘For gay rights activists it isn't enough that you hint that you will vote against the amendment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.