One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Marriage between partners of the same sex (as recognized in some jurisdictions).
- ‘Gay marriages are increasingly common whether or not they are formally recognized by the state.’
- ‘During the 2000 campaign, he said gay marriage should be a matter for states to decide.’
- ‘Some religious denominations and churches recognize and perform gay marriages.’
- ‘In her candidate statement, she says she is an "unequivocal supporter of gay marriage."’
- ‘He disagrees with his former party's stance on gay marriage.’
- ‘The American Presbyterian Church recently approved gay marriages.’
- ‘Since 1989, gay marriage has been a reality in Scandinavia.’
- ‘They both believe that the film could help to advance the cause of gay marriage.’
- ‘Jim doesn't see anything morally wrong with gay marriage.’
- ‘Polls have indicated that support for legally recognizing gay marriages has grown in Canada to include approximately 50 per cent of the population.’
- ‘Anyone hoping for an affirming comedy about gay marriage will have to find another movie; this is a journey straight into gay divorce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.