One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Marriage between partners of the same sex (as recognized in some jurisdictions).
- ‘Polls have indicated that support for legally recognizing gay marriages has grown in Canada to include approximately 50 per cent of the population.’
- ‘In her candidate statement, she says she is an "unequivocal supporter of gay marriage."’
- ‘Since 1989, gay marriage has been a reality in Scandinavia.’
- ‘Some religious denominations and churches recognize and perform gay marriages.’
- ‘They both believe that the film could help to advance the cause of gay marriage.’
- ‘He disagrees with his former party's stance on gay marriage.’
- ‘Anyone hoping for an affirming comedy about gay marriage will have to find another movie; this is a journey straight into gay divorce.’
- ‘The American Presbyterian Church recently approved gay marriages.’
- ‘Jim doesn't see anything morally wrong with gay marriage.’
- ‘During the 2000 campaign, he said gay marriage should be a matter for states to decide.’
- ‘Gay marriages are increasingly common whether or not they are formally recognized by the state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.